If you are one of the new users of the Kisi system, chances are your office manager directed you to this site. Here, you will find everything you need to know about how to use Kisi as one of our new users.
Step 1 – Create Kisi Account for New Users
If you recently have had Kisi access shared with you but do not already have a Kisi account, here’s what you need to do:
- Open up the email invite that granted you Kisi access recently. It should read “Access to [name of place] granted”.
- Click on the button which says ‘Accept Share’
- The button will take you to a page to set up your account. Put in your first and last name, and create a password for your account.
- Once that is done, go onto your phone to download the Kisi app.
- For Android users: open up the Google Play store and search for ‘Kisi’. You should see an icon of a blue circle.
- For iPhones users: open up the App store and search for ‘Kisi’. You should see a blue lower-case letter ‘k’.
- Download the application and open.
- You may be greeted with some introductory steps on how Kisi works. If so, keep swiping left until you arrive at the login screen.
- Sign in to the Kisi app with your new credentials
- Your doors will show up on the first page you are sent to, and you can now unlock them from your smartphone.
Step 2 – Unlocking your Door with Kisi
When you open the app, you should see one or more large circles on the screen. These circles will be labeled with the name of each door you have access to. Press and hold the circular button until it turns green and gives you an ‘unlocked’ message.
When you open the app, you should see one or more sliders available on the screen. These sliders will be labeled with the name of each door you have access to. Slide the button from left to right until the slider turns green and gives you an unlocked message.
No keys available?
Reach out directly to your Kisi Admin to get access to your space. If you do not know who your Kisi Admin is, please email email@example.com with the name of your company or residential building and we will look it up for you.
Step 3 – Using Kisi with the Readers
For offices with Readers, you have the additional option to open your doors by tapping your phone on the Kisi Reader. You may need to adjust some settings on your phone to enable
- Enable NFC
- Enable location services
- Phone screen is unlocked
- Enable Bluetooth
- Enable location services
- Turn on phone screen
Adjusting to Kisi
Once you start using the Kisi system, you may take some time to familiarize yourself with this new way of entering your space. If you are having trouble using Kisi, it is usually something that you can resolve in a few quick steps. Alternatively, you can reach us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
And that’s all you need to know!