When you add restrictions, the first thing you need to know is the difference between adding restrictions to a Group or Door:
- Group: refers to a group of users who have access to a particular door or series of doors. Suppose there are 2 groups, A and B. Placing a restriction on Group A will alter their access to a door, but it will not change access settings for Group B.
- Door: refers to a particular door lock that is controlled by the Kisi system. Adding restrictions to a door will affect all users with access to that door, but not for any other door in the same space.
How to Add a Restriction to a Group
- Log into your admin panel at https://my.getkisi.com/#/users/sign_in
- Choose your Place and navigate to ‘Groups’ on the top navigational bar. Click onto the group you want the restriction to be applied on.
- Select the type of restriction you would like to enforce. The following articles help to explain how each restriction works:
- Once you have activated the restrictions you need, hit ‘Save’.
How to Add Restrictions to a Door
- To add restrictions for a Door, navigate to ‘Doors’ by clicking on ‘Settings’.
- Select the necessary Door.
- Select the type of restriction you would like to enforce.
- Activate the restriction by enabling the slider and input any other necessary information.
- Press ‘Save’.
Remember that you can undo restrictions at any time. However, you should be aware of the repercussion from each restriction added.